Your First 10 Pages: Make a Lasting Impression
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
By page ten you have either hooked your reader or lost them. You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression!
This webinar will teach you techniques that will make your first page exciting and engaging to readers. Use these methods that professional screenwriters use to hook your readers by page 10 and keep them read until the end!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• What to include in your first pages
• How to grab your readers from page one
• The crucial elements your screenplay must have
• How character, plot, and conflict relate to your story
• How to write scenes that are exciting and stirring for the reader while continuing to move your story forward
• The common mistakes most writers make when beginning a screenplay and how to avoid them
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Writers who want to learn what producers are really looking for in the first 10 pages
• Writers who have a great story, but are having trouble getting its full potential across to their readers
• Writers who want to hook their reader from the very first page
• Writers who are having trouble getting their story started
• Writers who have had their script rejected
• Writers who want their script to feel professional
• Writers applying for festivals, competitions, fellowships, and grants
• Writers who want to improve their craft
• Writers who would like to learn more about capturing the attention of agents, producers, and managers
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 11/15/2012
- Publication date: 11/15/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: William C. Martell
William C. Martell has written 19 films that were carelessly slapped onto celluloid: 3 for HBO, 2 for Showtime, 2 for USA Net, and a whole bunch of CineMax Originals (which is what happens when an HBO movie goes really, really wrong). He has been on some film festival juries, including Raindance in London (five times - once with Mike Figgis and Saffron Burrows, once with Lennie James and Edgar Wright - back to "jury duty" in 2009 and 2012 and in 2013 with Julian Assange). The late Roger Ebert discussed his work with Gene Siskel on his 1997 "If We Picked The Winners" Oscar show. He’s quoted a few times in Bordwell's great book "The Way Hollywood tells ...