Writing TV from Inside Hollywood and Out
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
There is no one way to becoming a professional writer. What this class will do is help you understand fully what lies ahead as you pursue your journey in this field. This webinar will take you on a ride to explore not only how to get started in your career, but avoid the pitfalls that so many writers make while pursuing it.
We will explore the craft of writing a great comedy script. Structure, character, comedy and sometimes drama are the things that we will talk about with the goal of showing step by step how to construct a great script that will get you noticed and hired on a TV show.
We will talk about why we love our favorite shows and what makes them so special. How a great television show can not only be entertaining but shape culture and change the world.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to become a professional writer
- How to come up with a great show idea
- Writing a comedy half hour script
- Structure of television writing
- Creating great characters
- Finding the comedy in your script
- Using drama in a comedy
- Making your characters unique
- The difference in writing an original pilot verses an existing show
- The rewrite process
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want the real about Hollywood with no fluff
- Writers who want to improve their craft
- Writers who are just starting out
- Writers who are starting their first pilot
- Writers who want to know what it is like in a “writers room”
- Writers who want to make their script great and stand out
- Writers who want to avoid getting fired on a show
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Christopher J. Moore
Christopher J. Moore holds two BA degrees in Psychology and Film, and two Masters in Screenwriting, all from California State University, Northridge. He has been a member of the Writers Guild of America, West since 2004. His professional writing career began in 2000, after winning the Nickelodeon Screenwriting fellowship. Since then he has written for several major producers in Hollywood, sold screenplays and written for TBS hit shows like House of Payne and Meet the Browns. The show House of Payne, debuted as the highest rated comedy series in cable television history and the #1 TV show in African-American households. In 20...