Writing the Spec Pilot Script that Launches your TV Career
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
In the past two years, Corey Mandell has had 47 students and clients sell or option scripts with dozens more landing writing assignments and getting staffed on such TV shows as Community, Justified, The Mentalist, The Fosters, Young and Hungry and many others. An extremely well executed spec script is required to break into the TV business, yet too many writers waste valuable time writing a script with little to no chance at success.
This seminar covers what agents and managers are looking for in today’s TV marketplace and shares the best ways to launch a career. It also provides the specific tools required to write pilot scripts that can truly get noticed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to successfully sell a TV pitch
- Why most pilot scripts are rejected
- What kind of pilot scripts stand out and get you the right kind of attention
- How to know if your pilot script is ready to be read by the industry
- How to get your pilot script read by the right people
- Avoiding the mistakes that can sink your chances
WHO SHOULD LISTEN:
- Writers who want real tools to make their scripts unique and desirable
- Seasoned writers as well as new TV writers
- Both comedy and drama writers
- Writers who are about to go out to the industry with a pilot spec
- Writers who have their script rejected
- Writers who are about to start a new pilot script
- Writers who are about to rewrite their pilot script
- Instructor Corey Mandell
- Date available: 05/19/2014
- Publication date: 05/19/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Instructor: Corey Mandell
Corey Mandell is an award-winning screenwriter who has written projects for Ridley Scott, Wolfgang Peterson, Harrison Ford, Julia Roberts, John Travolta, Warner Bros, Universal, 20th Century Fox, Working Title, Paramount, Live Planet, Beacon Films, Touchstone, Trilogy and Walt Disney Pictures. Corey teaches at UCLA as well as private workshops. His students have gone on to sell or option scripts to Warner Brothers, Paramount, Sony Pictures, Disney, Fox, Fox 2000, MGM, Universal, Showtime, FX, USA Network, AMC, NBC, CBS, MTV and HBO. Others have been staffed on such shows as Community, Justified, Bones, BoJack Horseman, Playing House, Marvel's Agents ...