Writing the Low Budget Independent Movie
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The technical aspects of making modern movies and the cost to promote and distribute them can be incredibly difficult and daunting. However, huge new windows are opening, and opportunities are being created for the truly creative, ambitious, and daring writer. Buyers out there still need movies, desperately, and they are opting for the well made low budget feature film with high concepts.
DVD’s may have died, but there are dozens of new platforms to display movies, not just theaters and tv sets. There are Video On Demand outlets, Cable outlets, Streaming outlets, Webisodes. And they ALL need movies. They consume them like a T-Rex in Jurassic Park! Many actors, producers, agents, and managers are actively seeking new ways to get on film. They cannot count on the High Budget, Tentpole, Studio Based, Sci-Fi and Franchise movies to get their faces or their client’s faces on screen.
And that means they need new Low Budget Screenplays, Low Budget TV reality shows, and character-driven Low Budget Movie ideas. The studios own the big films, but many of the buyers cannot afford the price tag. Still, they need films, so they must turn somewhere! That explains the recent explosion in Low Budget Movie Production. Everyone with a 300-Dollar Go Pro, is getting into the act.
The key to success in this expanding world is to write and direct competent, professional, and hi-concept low budget films. This Webinar is designed to help you do exactly that.
The real difficulty for writers (until now) was:
- finding those low budget, indy movie ideas
- and figuring out how to write those specific ideas, and make sure they remained a low budget production.
- that is why I have researched and created this Webinar.
Over the years I have written, directed, and produced many low budget movies. And I am about to start filming a new one this summer.
I know this world.
I know how to work in it.
I know how to prosper in it.
And I wish to share what I know and what I have learned after 15 years of working, surviving, and making movies in the intense and difficult world of Low Budget, Independent Production.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- 10 Steps to Writing an Independent Movie Screenplay.
- Finding the story lines that motivate Independent Investors.
- How to write stories that attract significant talent to Low Budget Movies.
- How to look beyond your story, to the actual Production Issues.
- The secret keys to writing the low budget screenplay, that can help to assure Independent Production
- Analysis of Successful Independent Movies like BLAIR WITCH and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers looking to break into the filmmaking business
- Writers who want to make a low budget movie of 1 million dollars or less
- Writers who want to learn what it takes to direct a low budget movie
- Writers seeking ideas to generate a hit indy film
- Writers who want to know the tricks to keep a low budget film on budget
- Anyone with a cell phone and/or a Go-Pro camera!
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Robert Boris
In almost 40 years, Robert Boris has written over 10 factual and Historical Film Dramas. And more than 7 of them have become Feature Films, TV Movies or TV Mini-Series. His screenplay BLOOD FEUD about the struggle between Bobby Kennedy and Jimmy Hoffa, won the Writer’s Guild Award for Best TV Mini-Series. He considers this a great honor that he has cherished all of his life.
Throughout his career, writing the Historical Drama has been incredibly rewarding and often made him feel like an “Investigative Reporter with a 35mm Mitchell Camera.”
Robert believes that “If you like history, and you like research…there is nothing better!”<...