Writing the Low Budget Horror Feature
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
There are good reasons why many famous filmmakers such as Sam Raimi, Tobe Hooper, Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino credit me with inspiring them or helping to launch their careers. When I met Quentin Tarantino at the LAND OF THE DEAD premier, he said, "I made a movie I didn't finish, then I read your books, took notes and made charts, and that's what guided me toward my first finished movie."
My own career as a feature filmmaker and writer started with NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, and after that I wrote more than a dozen low-budget horror films that have been sold worldwide and are still selling. My movie MIDNIGHT, shot in 35mm for only $70,000, has been in constant distribution for three decades, and is considered a cult classic.
I've written 22 novels and made 20 feature movies, most of them based on my own screenplays. My books on writing and movie making are known as Bibles of Independent Filmmaking, and are used as textbooks in my seminars and workshops.
Let me teach you how to put new life into your own scriptwriting!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to latch onto a strong concept or theme
- How to use that theme to develop interesting characters who will drive it forward
- How to use the motivations and personalities of your characters to build a powerful plot
- How to make your plot move in an intriguing, hard-hitting way
- How to deliver the shocks and thrills your audience craves
- How to keep your ideas original and unique
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- People with writing talent who want to hone and polish that talent
- Writing professionals looking for new inspiration
- People with good ideas who need to be pointed in the right direction
- Aspiring writers who need some prodding to get started
- Professional writers who enjoy interacting with other professionals
- Writers who want to challenge themselves
- Writers who respect the value of brainstorming
- Writers who believe they can learn something from someone who has been doing it successfully for many years
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: John Russo
With 20 books published internationally and 19 feature movies in worldwide distribution, John Russo has been called a "living legend." He began by co-authoring the screenplay for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, which is known as a horror classic. His three books on the art and craft of screenwriting and movie making are known as Bibles of the Industry.
He wants people to know he's "just a nice guy who likes to scare people" -- and he's done it with novels and films such as RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, MIDNIGHT, THE MAJORETTES, THE AWAKENING and HEARTSTOPPER. His screenplay for ESCAPE OF THE LIVING DEAD was made into a five-part comic b...