Writing Great Horror Films and TV Shows
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Discover the little-known tricks of the trade that are vital to writing and marketing this money-making genre with Writing a Great Horror Film and TV Shows. In this live webinar, award-winning screenwriter Glenn M. Benest will cover the unique methods for writing commercial horror scripts and creating scares for your audience.
Through analysis of scenes from well-known horror films along with student examples from past classes, you’ll learn the techniques they employed to make their projects truly memorable.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to use more than just fear and terror to create the right mood
- How to break tension with humor, with relief and fake jumps
- How to create relatable characters in compromising, scary situations
- How horror is all about dark secrets and “the tease”
- The importance of a truly horrible villain
- Horror sub genres, including The Creature Feature, Slasher, Teen Horror, Zombie/Vampire, Horror/Comedy, Horror/Romance, Torture and Supernatural
- What is unique about horror that doesn’t relate to any other genre
- What many great horror films have in common
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Anyone who is writing or plans to write a horror film
- Any screenwriter who would like to learn about this genre
- Producers, directors and development people who are interested in helping screenwriters hone their craft in the horror field
- Date available: 01/22/2016
- Publication date: 01/22/2016
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $99.99
Details: Horror has been one of the staples of film ever since the medium was invented. Perhaps that's because the genre taps into our most primal fears - isolation, the unknown, and death - in the most visual way. In this exclusive collection, you'll learn what it takes to write the best horror films and TV shows. We've compiled eight resources from the best screenwriting instructors to provide you with everything you need to write and sell your horror script.