Writing the Faith-Based Screenplay
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Whether you’re a person of faith or just interested in writing a story for the faith market, there are specific aspects unique to this market you need to know that will affect structure and content your script. The faith-based audience is finicky and the distributors are looking for certain things in the scripts they choose to produce.
Brad Wise and Rebel Pilgrim have been navigating this space since 2008 when Fireproof took Hollywood by storm. They’ve formed relationships with all the distributors in the Faith and Family market and understand its complexities. In this webinar Brad will speak from his experiences of steps you need to take to write not only a good faith-based script but also one that producers and distributors will jump on!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The first question a distributor will ask about your script.
- Keys to writing a script that fits the faith market’s lower budgets.
- Stories of success and failure from the trenches.
- Inside tips on the types of stories distributors are currently looking for.
- Practical advice about the faith audience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers looking to start a faith-based script.
- Writers looking to make a documentary for the faith market.
- Writers wanting to learn more about the faith market.
- Writers who want to adapt a true story.
- Writers interested in knowing what distributors want.
- Date available: 09/19/2014
- Publication date: 09/19/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Brad Wise
Brad’s transition from graphic design into filmmaking was an unexpected, but natural next step of using visuals to tell compelling stories. In 2008, while Creative Director at Vineyard Cincinnati, Brad co-wrote and produced the documentary, Road to Emmaus, Pa. Since then he’s written and directed two feature films, Fenced Off and A Strange Brand of Happy. Brad is currently the Chief Creative Officer for Rebel Pilgrim Productions and most recently the Executive Producer for Rebel Storytellers presents: The Gospel of John and Rebel Storytellers presents: Reckless Faith with Beth Guckenberger. The script he’s currently worki...