Writing The Fabulous (& Fashionable) TV Crime Serial
Please note: Each registration comes with access to the recorded version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The crime serial drama is hot! TV shows like TRUE DETECTIVE and RAY DONOVAN have both elements of the long form serial and also often insert stories that mimic week to week procedurals, combining these creates a fabulous and compelling story for today's TV audience.
IP and cable markets are exploding and their appetite for crime serial drama is growing. Learn how to take elements from traditional movies (character arcs, wounds, emotional change) and build it into your crime serial. Whether you're making the move from network procedural to 'anthology' series, or want to create a mini-series (both are fashionable), Peter Russell can show you how to shape your story.
Peter has sold both a mini-series and a serial crime drama in 2017, and he'll share his experience with selling (not just writing) this very fashionable form.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to use movie story form in TV storytelling
- The key to building mystery thriller arcs in TV story
- Why the 'buddy' relationship is key to many serial crime stories
- The one thing a serial hero needs to do to 'solve the crime'
- How a hero's core wounds power an entire series run
- The importance of the 'hook' and the 'unsolvable dilemma' in the serial form
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers making the leap to TV from film writing
- Creators who want to build original crime drama story
- Producers who need help with existing pilots that aren't quite 'there'
- Writers building a story bible for a series
- Writers with a 'hot' idea but who don't get TV story form
- Creators who need to understand mystery thriller form
- Writers who want to move from procedural to long form serial
- Creators who seek to make original, 'cool' mini-series and serial crime drama
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
All you need is a computer or iOS device, and an internet connection. You’ll be able to view the presentation and listen to the audio over computer speakers or telephone. To test your connection before the live webinar, visit this web page.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will receive $79.99 off of a yearly subscription to the Screenwriting Tutorials website, which has specialized tutorials from experts that explore screenwriting topics covered nowhere else on the web!
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Peter Russell
Peter Russell is a screenwriter who has sold two television pilots in 2017 - a crime procedural and a biographical mini-series. He is also a long-time story doctor in Hollywood whose clients include Imagine, HBO, Participant, Viacom, CBS Television and many more. Peter is in high demand for his legendary seminars and master classes on film and TV story. Here is an example of his speaking.
He ghostwrites ...