Writing the Black Comedy
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Get your audience to cringe and laugh at the same time! In this webinar, you will learn the conventions of Black Comedy and see the differences between black humor, satire, gallows humor, and mainstream comedy genres. Far from being a niche genre, Black Comedy is marketable and can be used across a variety of media formats.
This webinar will be presented by Scott Dikkers, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of “How To Write Funny” and leader of the “Writing with The Onion” training program at The Second City in Chicago. He is a winner of the Thurber Prize for American Humor, and co-founder of The Onion. Get expert guidance on the structure and “execution” of a successful Black Comedy!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Black Comedy differs from mainstream comedy
- How Black Comedy is perceived by audiences and development executives
- Which Black Comedy TV series, movies or novels have succeeded and why>
- Whether Black Comedy is considered a marketable genre in various media
- The most important aspect of writing a Black Comedy
- The genre expectations of the Black Comedy
- The story beats of the Black Comedy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who have ideas in the Black Comedy genre
- Writers working on a Black Comedy story
- Writers looking for resources or inspiration for Black Comedy projects
- TV or film producers who wish to better to understand the Black Comedy genre
- Dramaturgs interested in exploring the unique story beats and genre conventions of Black Comedy
- Students of stage, film, TV or prose interested in Black Comedy
- Lovers of the Black Comedy genre who wish to better understand it
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Scott Dikkers
Scott Dikkers founded the world's first humor website, theonion.com, which has more than 50 million unique monthly page views and 15 million social-media followers. As The Onion's longest-serving editor-in-chief, Scott created the Peabody Award-winning Onion News Network, which has spawned countless viral video hits and two television series, for IFC and Comedy Central. He's the writer-director of two successful independent comedy feature films, "Spaceman" and "Bad Meat." He has consulted for Pixar, Lucasfilm, Fox Searchlight, MTV, and others. Ranked on Entertainment Weekly's "It List" of the top 100 movers and shakers in entertainment, he's also a #1...