Writing Strong Crisis and Climax Scenes: The Two Keys to Screenplays That Connect with Audiences (and Hollywood)
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
What is about the two major plot turning points in a story? Is the confusion about the two most important scenes simply because crisis and climax begin with the same letter? More likely the problem lies in not understanding the sequence involved in twisting the dramatic action at key points in a story and deepening the ultimate character emotional transformation. Whatever the reason, writers confuse the two scenes. That confusion translates in the reader as a dramatic action pacing problem, an inconsistent character growth, a letdown.
Martha Alderson works with writers from all over the world. She’ll show you how classic and contemporary writers use emotion to generate energy at the crisis differently than what is needed at the climax.
By the end of this live webinar, you’ll understand the crisis and the climax in a completely new way and be better able to write the scenes to maximize audience emotional enjoyment.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What the crisis of a story is
- What the climax of a story is
- The difference between the crisis and the climax
- How the climax and the crisis work together
- The importance of knowing the climax before you begin writing
- How the ultimate character emotional transformation affects the dramatic action
- How the dramatic action affects the ultimate character emotional transformation
- The importance of using character emotion to heighten both the crisis and the climax
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Anyone who want to write a better plot
- Writers who are flummoxed in the middle of their stories
- Writers who are strong at writing action and fall down when developing character emotional development
- Writers who are strong at developing characters and fall down when it comes to creating goals for their characters and writing dramatic action
- Writers who have never finished a story all the way through to the end
- Writers who believe they are plot challenged
- Writers who consider themselves “by-the-seat-of-the-pants” writers
If you have questions about the webinar, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us prior to the start time at 800.272.8927.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 10/24/2013
- Publication date: 10/24/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Martha Alderson, M.A.
Martha Alderson, aka the Plot Whisperer, is the author of the Plot Whisperer series of plot books for writers: The Plot Whisperer Book of Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing, The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories – a companion workbook to The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master. She has also written Blockbuster Plots Pure & Simple (Illusion Press) and several ebooks on plot. As an international plot consultant for writers, Martha’s clients include best-selling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors. She teaches plot workshops to novelists, mem...
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $79.99
Details: Take your writing to the next level! Without the proper foundation, you cannot connect with your readers on an emotional level. In this collection, you will have a variety of intensive tools and techniques for instilling emotion into plots, characters, dialogue, and settings in order to achieve that WOW! feeling in your story. These tools will keep you focused on the heart and soul of your work so that plot, character, and theme create a unified story.
Available in May Only!