Writing Scripts That Appeal to A-List Actors
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The reason a film gets made is because a bankable star signs on to the project. These actors and actresses know the power they have and as a result want the best moments in the movie, the best dialogue, and demand the opportunity to play a full range of human emotions.
It’s not uncommon that the protagonist of a film is oftentimes the least interesting character. The reason this occurs is that the hero or heroine has the onerous task of carrying the plot and explaining the exposition. Minor characters don’t have this burden and can easily outshine the star. This is a fatal mistake and will make your screenplay less commercially appealing as a result.
Discover the secrets that all professional screenwriters employ to make their protagonists as compelling as possible.
Many of these concepts will not only heighten the commercial possibilities of your screenplay but will enrich your writing as well.
During the webinar, award-winning producer Glenn Benest will share insights into creating eye catching character arcs, help you devise dramatic entrances for your heroes and heroines and will provide other tips and techniques that you can instantly use in your screenplays.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to develop a great protagonist
- How to best introduce your star
- How to create instant rooting interest
- How to give surprising characteristics to your protagonist that will make him or her a truly original creation
- How to orchestrate the best dramatic moments for the star
- How to avoid letting minor characters steal the limelight
- How to develop highs and lows for your protagonist so they can showcase the greatest range of their acting abilities
- How to avoid giving exposition to your heroes and heroines
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Beginning, intermediate, and experienced screenwriters
- Writers who want to learn how to make the protagonist compelling
- Writers who want learn more about creating character arcs
- Writers who want to learn about devising dramatic entrances for the hero or heroine
- Writers who want to improve the commercial appeal of their screenplays
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 06/11/2013
- Publication date: 06/11/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.