Writing Screenplays that Sell
At a Glance
For more than twenty years, Writing Screenplays That Sell has been hailed as the most complete guide available on the art, craft, and business of writing for movies and television. Now fully revised and updated to reflect the latest trends and scripts, Hollywood story expert and script consultant Michael Hauge walks readers through every step of writing and selling successful screenplays. If you read only one book on the screenwriter's craft, this must be the one.
“Michael Hauge is a story master, and this book is an absolute must have for anyone serious about telling great stories for the screen.”
- DeVon Franklin (Vice-President of Production, Columbia Pictures)
“No one is better than Michael Hauge at finding what is most authentic in every moment of a story.”
- Will Smith (Men in Black; Ali; The Pursuit of Happyness; Hitch; I Am Legend; Hancock)
“The most practical and best single book on the subject.”
- Hollywood Scriptwriter
“If you’re serious about becoming a screenwriter, start by reading this book.”
- Robert Mark Kamen (Screenwriter, The Karate Kid and The Power of One)
“The craftsman’s blueprint for anyone who is serious about writing or developing good screenplays.”
- Roger Birnbaum (Chairman, Spyglass Entertainment; former President of Production, Twentieth Century Fox)
“There are five essential books that every person who wants to write screenplays should read. One of them is Writing Screenplays That Sell, and the other four don’t matter.”
- Terry Rossio (Co-writer: Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, 3 & 4; Shrek; Aladdin; The Mask of Zorro, Déjà Vu)
““…When I pick up the phone for help, Michael Hauge is the call I make.”
- Shane Black (Screenwriter, Lethal Weapon 1 & 2; The Last Boy Scout; The Long Kiss Goodnight; Writer/Director, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang)
“What Michael Hauge does seems quite simple but is in fact quite rare. He takes your ideas and makes them better.”
- Christopher Murphey (Screenwriter, The Karate Kid (2010); The Unsaid; Body of Proof )
- Publisher Collins Reference
- Date available: 01/01/2010
- Publication date: 03/15/2011
- Return policy: 10 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Michael Hauge
MICHAEL HAUGE has been one of Hollywood’s top script consultants, story experts and authors for more than 30 years. He coaches screenwriters, novelists, filmmakers, speakers, and marketers, helping transform their stories and their audiences using the principles and methods of Hollywood’s most successful movies. Michael has consulted on films starring Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts and Morgan Freeman, and has presented lectures and workshops to more than 70,000 participants worldwide. According to Will Smith, “No one is better than Michael Hauge at finding what is most authentic in every moment of a story.”