Writing Science Fiction, Fantasy and Paranormal Webinar
At a Glance
This webinar, taught by a literary agent who also writes paranormal, will discuss building rich and resonant worlds and cultures using an anthropological systems approach; developing protagonists and antagonists; and unique magic systems, complete with rules and restrictions. We'll also go over plot building, both in terms of stand-alone novels and series development.
The discussion will also cover idea generation and how to take the rocky road to originality rather than the easy path to ideas that have gone before and what makes a concept or creation truly unique.
What you will learn:
- Building worlds that are unique and believable, whether they be in far off space or other earths (i.e., high fantasy or science fiction) or our own world at a slant (i.e., urban fantasy and paranormal romance)
- Creating viewpoint characters who are as real as you and I. Intriguing main characters are one of the key elements that will get an agent or editor to keep reading and ask for more pages to read
- Developing magic systems with inherent logic and consistency
- Working with internal and external conflict to drive the story
- How to professionally present your ideas when your writing is ready for submission to agents and editors
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Lucienne Diver
Lucienne Diver joined The Knight Agency in 2008 after spending 15 years at New York's prestigious Spectrum Literary Agency. Over the webinar of her 18-year career, she has sold more than over 700 titles to major publishers, and has built a client list of over forty authors, primarily in the areas of fantasy, science fiction, romance, mystery/suspense, and young adult fiction. In addition, she's an author in her own right with the Vamped series of young adult books for Flux and the new Latter-Day Olympians series of urban fantasy books, beginning with Bad Blood, from Samhain Publishing. She also writes the Agent Anonymous articles for the Science Ficti...