Writing Partnerships: The Essentials to Finding Your Match
At a Glance
Filmmaking is a collaborative medium, and screenwriting is no exception. Many produced and successful scripts have been written by writing partners. But finding the right partner is as hard as finding the perfect spouse.
Jeanne has written with half a dozen partners in her career, some successful, some not. In this ondemand webinar, she shares with you the process of finding a partner, creating a workable relationship, and how to protect yourself in the process.
Learn the questions to ask while “dating,” the many writing processes of working with a partner, and what to do if the partnership goes sour. Numerous benefits exist by having a writing partner, but learning survival tricks before you commit may save the “marriage” from disaster.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to find a writing partner.
- Social Media platforms and tips.
- How to vet a potential partner.
- The importance of creating a healthy partnership.
- What it means to your scripts and career to have a product written with another writer.
- Using a partnership to maximize your success.
- A checklist of what you need before you sign a collaboration agreement.
- What to do if the partnership isn’t working.
WHO SHOULD WATCH?
- Writers who are looking to collaborate.
- Writers who respect the value of brainstorming.
- Writers who have script ideas but need help implementing them.
- Writers who need networking tips.
- Writers looking for resources to learn the business.
- Writers wanting to maximize pitchfest trips.
- Writers who want to challenge themselves.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 04/02/2012
- Publication date: 04/11/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jeanne Veillette Bowerman
Jeanne Villette Bowman is the Editor of Script magazine and a screenwriter, having written the narrative feature adaptation as well as the 10-hr limited series of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Slavery by Another Name, which were honored in the Top 25 Tracking Board Launch Pad Features Competition, CS Expo Finalist, the Second Round of Sundance Episodic Lab, and a PAGE Awards TV Drama Finalist.