Writing Love Stories that Audiences Will Fall For
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Love may still be everlasting, but there are new obstacles facing writers (and characters) of love stories in the 21st century. In this webinar, you will learn how to write love stories that connect with today's audience and how the classics have led to the present day stories. There are many different ways to bring characters together and tear them apart – we’ll discuss how one makes them cinematic. Love stories can often be clichéd, cheesy or unbelievable, disconnecting audience engagement and detracting from the story. But a strong love story with the right components can resonate around the world for generations.
Touching on classic love stories that have stood the test of time as well as contemporary breakthroughs in each genre, this webinar will identify the different types of love from romantic to unconditional friendship to familial and reveal how the greats in film and television have constructed unique, root worthy pairings. We’ll explore the tenets of strong, sellable love stories from chemistry to conflict, hooks to happy endings, meet-cutes to meat markets, and how love is expressed through powerful, memorable dialogue.
Take this webinar to raise the bar on your love stories, enrich your characters’ interactions and connections, deepen the authenticity and relevance of your themes, expand your audience and increase your marketability.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The different types of love and how it has been expressed in film and television
- The components of a strong love story and the 21st Century obstacles and trends
- How to make your love story seem romantic in different cultures
- The most powerful themes that typically resonate with different age groups
- How your characters can be deepened by exploring their true love arcs
- From the tiny, everyday minutia to grand gestures, how love can be expressed cinematically through action
- Ways to express the exaggerated awareness of lovers
- How to use location, time and setting as a storytelling framework
- Creative ways to add love story subplots to other genres
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers of all genres and formats who want to tell better stories
- Writers trying to find the spine of a story they are beating out
- Writers trying to enrich their rewrite with more emotional resonance
- Film and Television Writers adapting classic romance literature or true life love stories
- Directors, Actors, Producers and Development Execs who want to bring wonderful love stories from script to screen
Participate Live or Watch Later
This webinar includes both access to the live webinar where you may interact with the presenter and the recorded, on-demand edition for your video library. Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
BONUS: With purchase of this webinar, you will receive $79.99 off of a yearly subscription to the Screenwriting Tutorials website, which has specialized tutorials from experts that explore screenwriting topics covered nowhere else on the web!
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: This webinar will be broadcast using GoToWebinar. To see if your system is compatible with GoToWebinar, please review this page, which lists the system requirements for the software.
- Date available: 11/18/2014
- Publication date: 11/18/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Daniel Manus
Daniel Manus has been a development executive (Clifford Werber Productions, Sandstorm Films), producer, and in-demand script consultant in Hollywood for several years and is the founder of No BullScript Consulting. He was ranked in the top 15 “Cream of the Crop” Script Consultants by Creative Screenwriting Magazine, 2010, and is the author of “No B.S. for Screenwriters: Advice from the Executive Perspective.” He teaches seminars across the country and is a weekly columnist for The Business of Show Institute and Script Magazine’s website....