Writing Hit Super Hero and Fantasy: A Joss Whedon Case Study
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
From his script doctoring of Toy Story and Speed to the creation of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer and Firefly to the international blockbuster Avengers movies, Joss Whedon’s scripts have inspired both a passionate cult following and a mass audience. How does he do this? By centering every plot move, story element and even every action sequence on character first.
In this webinar you’ll explore how Whedon creates characters and how he creates stories to explore them even in the context of billion-dollar superhero franchises – and how you can bring the same blend of intimacy and spectacle to your own scripts.
William Rabkin, author of the best selling “Writing the Pilot,” has spent decades studying Whedon’s work, both as a fan and as a teacher. Now he wants to share what he’s learned with you.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What makes Whedon’s work special
- How Whedon creates and explores characters audiences fall in love with
- How Whedon uses action and spectacle to deepen characters
- How Whedon’s scripts blend action and characterization
- How Whedon uses humor to heighten emotion – even tragedy
- How to think like Whedon when you’re approaching your own stories
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are interested in genre films
- Writers who love superhero movies
- Writers who wish superhero movies could be better!
- Writers who want to bring depth to their characters
- Writers who want to create more satisfying action sequences
- Writers who want to understand how to bring emotion to a tentpole fantasy action script
- Writers who want to break into the small group who are hired to write big budget superhero, action and fantasy movies
- Joss Whedon fans who want to know more about the work they love.
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: William Rabkin
Veteran TV writer/showrunner, William Rabkin is the author of the best-selling Writing the Pilot and Writing the Pilot: Creating the Series. He is an associate professor of television writing and producing at Long Island University-Brooklyn’s TV Writers Studio, an assistant professor of screen and television writing at University of California, Riverside-Palm Desert’s Low Residency MFA in Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts and in Stephens College’s Low Residency MFA in TV and Screenwriting. Twice nominated for the Edgar Award by the Mystery Writers of America, he is currently developing and writing a 12-episode thri...
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $29.99
Details: Summer is in full swing! Now is the time for you to get inspired and start writing your big blockbuster! Superhero blockbusters have grown enormously in popularity over the last several years. With superb leading characters such as Spider-Man, Superman, and all of the Avengers, superhero movies have inspired a passionate and loyal audience. This affordable value pack contains three webinars that will help you write a successful superhero movie in Marvel-fashion. Make your superhero screenplay soar into your audience’s hearts today!