Writing High Concept Screenplays That Sell
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Today in the Hollywood trades: script sells for millions of dollars. You're thinking, “Why not me?” And you're right! Why not you?
Before you touch your keyboard, you’ll want to learn what types of scripts the studios pay millions of dollars for. Most likely, they are high concept screenplays. Think Pirates of the Caribbean and Toy Story.
In this webinar, you will learn exactly what these screenplays are and what they aren’t. You’ll also learn what the studio expects from your script if they are going to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in it. Executing these movies takes craft, savvy, and know-how. Know the essentials for creating a high concept script from the start. Be on your way to writing a sellable script and, hopefully, a profitable sale!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The definition of a high concept script
- Hook first, story second (and why)
- What genres to embrace and which to avoid
- The audience that every high concept script targets
- Why your script must be relayed in one sentence
- What is the one thing you must do before you type FADE IN
- Why PIXAR gets it right almost every single time
- Why aliens, ghosts, superheroes, superpowers, and vampires will make you rich
- The Johnny Depp/Will Smith/George Clooney Theory
- It's ALWAYS about character no matter what the hook
- Why your CONFLICT GEIGER COUNTER always must be click, click, clicking away
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want to break into the business
- Writers want to know the do's and don'ts of a high concept screenplay
- Writers who are confused about getting their idea to a sellable concept
- Writers looking for tips and tricks to learn craft and business
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Steven Arvanites
Steven Arvanites is the founder of NYC's largest screenwriting organization, NYCscreenwriter.org. He has won semi-finalist honors at Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriting Awards three times, was a BlueCat winner, Atlanta Screenwriting Competition winner, a Sundance Screen Lab finalist, a Djerassi/SFFS Screenwriting Fellowship finalist, a Sundance/Sloan Commissioning Grant finalist and was invited to CineStory co-sponsored by the Academy Awards.
He co-wrote a short film titled “Helium Man,” which is an official selection of D.C. Short Film Fest, the Beverly Hills Short Film Fest, Atlanta Film Festival & Fort Lauderdale International Film Fest – al...