Writing Great Description: How to Mesmerize Your Reader
At a Glance
Please note: If you purchase any webinar, you will get a recorded version of the webinar sent to you after the presentation day. So if you can't attend live, you will still get all the materials.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
A screenplay should be as exciting to read as the movie will be to view, and this requires writing designed to involve the reader. In this webinar, you will learn the essential tools to take description in your screenplays to the next level.
Expanding on the essential element of all successful scripts, the reader’s emotional experience, UCLA instructor Karl Iglesias will discuss the basics of emotionally evocative writing and how to avoid the most common narrative flaws.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Avoid the most common description flaws
- Immerse the reader in a visual experience
- Command attention on the page
- Create dynamic motion through your descriptions
- Energize your descriptions
- Say more with fewer words
- Create “White Space” on the page
- Weave exposition seamlessly into your description
- Trim the fat
- Choose the right words for emotional impact
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Screenwriters who want to bring more emotion into their screenplays
- Fiction writers who want to learn how to be more concise in their writing
- Screenwriters who struggle with creating concise, powerful description
- Screenwriters who feel there’s something missing in their work
- Screenwriters who want to break out of formulaic writing
- Screenwriters who want a new approach to crafting description in their screenplays
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Karl Iglesias
Karl Iglesias is a screenwriter and sought-after script doctor and consultant, specializing in the reader's emotional response to the written page. He is the best-selling author of Writing For Emotional Impact and The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters. He teaches at UCLA Extension’s Writers' Program, where he’s just won the Outstanding Instructor Award for 20...