Writing for Animation: The Insider’s Guide to the Art and Craft
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Animation is a multibillion-dollar business, bigger than ever before. Even with this growth, animation has managed to hold onto its essential wonderment, the ability to transport viewers of all ages like no other popular-art form. But these unique rewards demand unique requirements, rules and responsibilities of the writer, and present unique pitfalls.
Roger S. H. Schulman has written for virtually every type of animation, from big budget international movies to DVD sequels to TV cartoons. During this live webinar he’ll reveal the bones of good animation writing. He’ll share the secrets of the best way to pitch your ideas, maximize the chances of getting your words onto the screen, and collaborate with artists, directors, and producers.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The keys to making your ideas work for animation
- Creating characters that come to life before they’re drawn
- The most common mistakes in animation writing and how to avoid them
- The specific workflows of feature and television animation
- The creative pros and cons of being an animation writer
- How animated movies have changed — and how animation has changed movies
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers considering whether to write for feature or TV animation
- Writers who want to know more about how animated projects get pitched, sold, and made
- Writers who want to know if their ideas would work best animated
- Artists interested in learning more about how to write for their own characters
- Writers interested in converting their live action pitches or projects
- Writers who want to drill down into the finer points of animation writing
- Writers who want to bring new life to their current writing
- Writers who want to think or express themselves more visually
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 09/30/2013
- Publication date: 09/30/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Roger S. H. Schulman
Roger S. H. Schulman is the recipient of an Academy Award nomination and British Academy Award for "Shrek." He wrote “Balto” for Executive Producer Steven Spielberg, and sequels of Disney classics such as “Jungle Book,” “Bambi” and “Mulan.” A former journalist, Schulman enjoys writing for both children and adults, and swings between projects of fantasy and those based on real-life people and pursuits.