Writing a Great Movie Opening
As a writer who’s sold over 70 feature-length screenplays, Cynthia Whitcomb knows about creating page-turning scripts—namely, that the first ten pages are the deciding factor in whether your script ever gets a full read.
This DVD lays out clearly the essentials for creating great openings, such as orienting your audience to genre; the importance of effective symbols/images; creating an effective story “hook”; and much more; including:
- What should your story's catalyst demand?
- What are the TWO MOST IMPORTANT SKILLS great screenwriters possess?
- Using the opening credits effectively in your script
- What does it mean to "not answer a question the audience hasn't asked"?
- Simple changes to make your dialogue more powerful
- Why "two weeks spent writing your first ten pages is time well spent!"
- Manufacturer Creative Screenwriting
- Date available: 01/01/2010
- Publication date: 12/31/2004
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.