Write Sci-Fi Film & Television Scripts That Sell
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
When it comes to science-fiction films and television, audiences want entertaining stories with interesting characters that take them away from the real world, if only for a short time. But before the audience can experience your story, you must get through the gatekeepers first.
This webinar will provide you with the practical knowledge necessary to successfully deliver the essential elements expected in the science-fiction-fantasy genre.
As an experienced writer, producer, director, and teacher, Steve Duncan will help you meet the expectations of people who represent, buy, or option science-fiction screenplays and television scripts. You’ll learn that you must deliver both the expected elements of the genre as well as the unexpected -- the mysterious essentials of creativity and uniqueness. From his own experience, Steve knows you can’t break the rules until you know them. Attend this webinar and you’ll come away with new tools that will allow your creative talent to blossom and shine through in your sci-fi writing.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- What all is considered the science-fiction-fantasy genre
- What are the important sci-fi sub-genres
- The important sci-Fi films that you’ll want to screen and analyze
- Writing for and working with computer generated images (CGI)
- How to choosing what to write for sci-fi
- The heavy lifting for sci-fi: character, theme, premise
- The sci-fi storytelling essentials: structure, plot, the five essential elements
- Writing style and sci-fi
- Television and sci-fi
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who want to learn how to write sci-fi screenplays and teleplays that sell
- Writers who want to deepen their knowledge and make their sci-fi stories and screenplays more commercially viable
- Writers who struggle with writing the sci-fi genre
- Writers looking to find out what studio and production executives, agents, and managers are looking for in sci-fi screenplays and teleplays
- Film and TV directors and producers who want to learn the elements of the sci-fi genre
- Entertainment industry executives who want to learn the elements of sci-fi film genre in order to improve development skills
- Story Editors and Script Consultants who want to improve their grasp of sci-fi storytelling
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 08/01/2013
- Publication date: 07/31/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Steve Duncan
Steve Duncan is a Professor of Screenwriting at Loyola Marymount University. A current member of WGA West and Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, his production credits include Co-creator and Executive Consultant of the CBS-TV Emmy-winning series Tour of Duty, Writer-Producer of the ABC-TV series A Man Called Hawk, and Co-writer of the Emmy-nominated TNT film The Court-Martial of Jackie Robinson. He’s the author of A Guide to Screenwriting Success: How to Write for Film and Television (Rowman-Littlefield 2006) and Genre Screenwriting: How to Write Popular Screenplays That Sell (Continuum Books 2008). He’s a contributing author to The Handbook of ...
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $59.99
Details: Do you want to capture your audience’s imagination like filmmaker James Cameron? This Sci-Fi/Fantasy writing kit has everything you need to transport your audience into your fantastical world. Learn the secrets to crafting great characters, creating realistic monsters, and structuring your themes around the interests of modern audiences. With Writing the Sci-Fi Screenplay or TV Series Ultimate Collection the only limit is your imagination!