Write and Produce Your First Short Film...for Next to Nothing!
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Every great director started out making short films—and plenty of great screenwriters, too. Why not you?
You don't need a lot of resources. In fact, you probably already have most of the equipment. Now, you need a standout script with a compelling story, a memorable protagonist, and an unforgettable hook.
Timothy Cooper got his start shooting shorts, and will show you how to use the tools you have around you to put your vision on the screen. The emphasis will be on writing the best script possible to fit the locations you can get access to, and finding alternate ways to show big ideas on next to no budget. You’ll make sure your script is absolutely ready to shoot, and competitive within the crowded short-film arena.
The course will first focus on building your concept and writing a powerful short script, then move on to the basics of producing, budgeting, and directing. Before you know it, you'll have all the tools you need to get started, from how to write strong hooks, action, dialogue, and conflict, to basic budgeting, to casting, shooting, and editing. You'll be ready—okay, at least much closer to ready—to share your vision with the world!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to pick and hone a story that sets you apart from the rest of the films on the circuit
- Add a unique twist to your script for maximum impact
- Begin and end with an arresting image
- Discover resources—sets, wardrobe, actors, equipment—you didn't even realize you had
- Prep your script for shooting by reducing the big-budget elements
- Determine your goals and use your film to market yourself
- Develop a visual style to cover the budget you don't have (and still make it look good)
- Understand the producer’s and director’s responsibilities
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Screenwriters looking to break into the marketplace as directors
- Writers sick of seeing their scripts not made
- Actors who want to star in their own project
- Those who want to demonstrate proof of concept for a longer feature
- People from all walks of life who have a strong story that might not make it to the screen otherwise
- Creators with a burning idea that needs to be seen to obtain crowd sourced funding
- Writers of any level who just want to see their vision on film
- Date available: 11/20/2013
- Publication date: 11/20/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Timothy Cooper
Timothy Cooper is a filmmaker, playwright, comedy writer, and teacher based in Brooklyn, New York. As the founder of Blueprint Screenwriting Group, he's worked with hundreds of writers and companies worldwide to help them sell their scripts and tell their stories through TV and film.
He wrote and directed the web sitcom Concierge: The Series, starring comedians from Saturday Night Live, 30 Rock, Bridesmaids, Last Comic Standing, ...