Winning Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story Structures
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Sci-Fi and Fantasy scripts can either captivate an audience or turn them off completely. It all starts with a great script. A script with a strong structure has a better chance of attracting producers and an audience.
What do great Sci-Fi and Fantasy scripts have in common? What turns the audience away from these movies in spite of high expectations? This webinar will look more closely at how winning movies were structured through comparing box office hits with box office duds. And give an overview of their structures.
Nancy teaches advanced screenwriting at Pepperdine University as well as the online course “Conventions of the Screenplay” for Screenwriters University.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to identify structure that works
- How to develop Sci-Fi/Fantasy ideas into a strong structure
- How Sci-Fi/Fantasy structures differ from other genres
- How character development is integral in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy structure
- Winning Sci-Fi/Fantasy scripts and what they have in common
- Losing Sci-Fi/Fantasy scripts and where they failed
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers interested in writing in the Sci-Fi genre
- Writers interested in writing scripts in the Fantasy genre
- Writers who want to learn more about structure
- Writers who want to learn more about the impact of character on structure
- Writers who want to learn why some Sci-Fi/Fantasy scripts make more stronger movies
- Writers who want to know if they have a big enough idea for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie
- Writers who want to develop stronger scripts
- Writers who want to challenge themselves
- Date available: 07/30/2014
- Publication date: 07/30/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Nancy Ellen Dodd
Nancy Ellen Dodd is a writer, university instructor, and an editor who currently teaches screenwriting and management communications at Pepperdine University. She also teaches writing workshops, and has co-taught with entertainment icons such as director/producer Tom Shadyac, screenwriter/director Randall Wallace, and Emmy-award winning comedy writer/executive producer Dick Blasucci.