Where To Start: How To Write the Exact Right Beginning of Your Story
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The opening carries the promise of the entire story and the weight of the audience’s expectations. Appreciating the importance of the exact right opening to a great story, writers often freeze up, unable to move forward until they’ve pinned down that elusive beginning.
Martha Alderson, also known as the Plot Whisperer, has deconstructed countless beginnings of award-winning screenplays, novels and memoirs and has helped hundreds of writers find the true beginnings of their stories. She’s developed a beginning checklist she’ll share with you to determine where best to begin your story.
Learn the dos and don’t to crafting a memorable beginning. Gain insight into how best introduce your story.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The importance of a compelling opening
- The most common problems with the first line, first scene, first quarter of your story and how to fix them
- What the 10 Great Beginnings checklist is and how to use it
- How to find your true beginning
- How to test the beginning you have now
- What to do if your beginning isn’t working
- Using the End of your story to help determine the Beginning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who are looking to create a compelling beginning
- Writers struggle with the opening of their stories
- Writers who want to create a story that entices the reader deeper into the story
- Writers who respect the value of universal story-telling techniques
- Writes who want to maximize their chances at winning an audience
- Writers who are serious about their career
- Writers who want to challenge themselves
- Date available: 08/06/2014
- Publication date: 08/06/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Martha Alderson, M.A.
Martha Alderson, aka the Plot Whisperer, is the author of the Plot Whisperer series of plot books for writers: The Plot Whisperer Book of Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writing, The Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories – a companion workbook to The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master. She has also written Blockbuster Plots Pure & Simple (Illusion Press) and several ebooks on plot. As an international plot consultant for writers, Martha’s clients include best-selling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors. She teaches plot workshops to novelists, mem...