What the Heck Are Executives Thinking? Looking at Your Script from the Exec’s Point of View
At a Glance
Writers always ask, “What is an executive looking for? How come they don’t see what I see?”
This webinar will teach writers how to think, read, and write from the executive perspective so that you can look at your script the way the pros do and make sure it’s ready for Hollywood.
As a development executive for several production companies including Clifford Werber Productions and Sandstorm Films, Danny Manus has developed dozens of properties for the indie and studio world and read thousands of scripts. He knows that preparation and research is key. Danny goes through all the things you need to do to make sure you’re writing smart.
He covers how a Development Exec reads a script—what they’re looking for and the three questions executives think of while reading. He’ll also cover the Top 20 notes an executive gives and how to avoid them, ways to break in and get your script in front of an exec, and what it takes to get a “recommend” from a script consultant/reader. You also get a special inside look at the Development Process—what you should expect and how to survive with flying colors.
What you'll learn:
- How to track and research projects like executives do so you’ll know if you’re writing smart.
- Ways to get your script read.
- The three questions executives ask themselves while reading your script.
- How to look at your script from the Executive Perspective.
- The Top 20 notes executives give and how to avoid them.
- How to get a “recommend” from a script consultant/reader.
- The inside scoop on the development process—what to expect, how to approach it, and how to survive!
Who Should Listen?
- Writers wondering why they aren’t getting read or why their scripts keep getting passed on.
- Writers wondering how to get read and how to get recommended.
- Writers who want an inside track on what executives are thinking.
- Writers who think that being able to write is “enough.”
- Writers who have never heard of Deadline Hollywood.
- Writers looking to find out what executives are looking for.
- Writers who are about to start the development process and don’t know what to expect.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Manufacturer The Writers Store, Inc.
- Date available: 02/22/2012
- Publication date: 02/05/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Daniel Manus
Daniel Manus has been a development executive (Clifford Werber Productions, Sandstorm Films), producer, and in-demand script consultant in Hollywood for several years and is the founder of No BullScript Consulting. He was ranked in the top 15 “Cream of the Crop” Script Consultants by Creative Screenwriting Magazine, 2010, and is the author of “No B.S. for Screenwriters: Advice from the Executive Perspective.” He teaches seminars across the country and is a weekly columnist for The Business of Show Institute and Script Magazine’s website....