At a Glance
The Visual Thesaurus has moved to an online subscription only. You can lean more by clicking here.
The Visual Thesaurus is an interactive dictionary and thesaurus that creates “word maps” blossoming with meanings and related words. Its innovative display encourages exploration, and helps you use language in a powerful new way.
Say you have a word in mind, like "happy." The Visual Thesaurus helps you find related words, from "cheerful" to "euphoric." It works like your brain, not a paper-bound book, so you'll want to delve further just to see what might happen.
Use the Visual Thesaurus to:
- Find the right word. The Visual Thesaurus has over 145,000 English words and 115,000 meanings. Find the word you need and discover related meanings.
- Develop a better vocabulary. See how words are used in different parts of speech.
- Use words precisely. The intuitive interface helps you find words through their semantic relationship with other words and meanings.
- Master word usage. Roll over a meaning to see its definition and example sentences that express that meaning.
- Improve your grammar. Meanings are color-coded to indicate parts of speech.
- Explore 39,000 proper nouns. Historical figures, phrases and trademarks are included. Look up Mozart, Manda or simply, "M."
- Check your spelling. The Visual Thesaurus suggests a word if you spell it wrong.
- Hear words pronounced correctly. The Visual Thesaurus offers both American and British pronunciations (Internet connection necessary)
- Personalize your experience. Use the Settings Panel to control font size, filter content, display up to 17 semantic relationships and more.
- Browse language in 2D or 3D. Rotate word maps in three dimensions to reveal complex relationships.
- Connect to the Internet. Right-click on any word to launch an Internet search for images or information.
With the Visual Thesaurus, you’ll find the right word, write more descriptively, and gain a more precise understanding of the English language.
Windows Requirements: Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP, 128 MB RAM, 100 MB of available hard drive space, CD-ROM drive. Macintosh Requirements: Mac OS X, 128 MB RAM, 100 MB of available hard drive space, CD-ROM drive.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.