Using Adaptations as the Perfect Source for Your Script
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Agents, Hollywood producers, and publishers are always searching for the next great story. But not all writers start from scratch. Oftentimes, ideas come from the things we see, read, write, and hear. The challenge for many is how to transition these materials from their original form of a book, article, and story into a full-fledged viable screenplay.
So what’s your creative idea all about and where could it come from? Could it be the next bestseller at the bookstore or the next mega-hit movie? Maybe both. Savvy industry professionals love to leverage their time and efforts by capitalizing on a story that can be adapted into many forms. Watch, listen, and learn during this interactive session with the dream consultant who makes things happen for writers.
Best-selling, award-winning author, and powerhouse consultant Jennifer S. Wilkov of Your Book Is Your Hook and The Literary Matchmaker™ trains writers on their approach to literary agents and managers, Hollywood producers, Emmy Award-winning directors, the media, and more. Don’t miss having unique access to this professional who supports writers like you with understanding the hook for your screenplay and the veritable plethora of materials available for you to adapt for yours.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Seven ways to locate common sources for your script or story
- Why some of Hollywood’s hottest scripts use adaptations and why they work
- The power and pitfalls of using adaptations
- The benefits of using an adaptation approach vs. starting from scratch
- How to find your story by taking a Hollywood producer’s point of view
- The secrets for writing an adaptation like a Hollywood pro
- How to effectively answer the question, “So, what’s your screenplay about?” based on the adaptation source
- Fool-proof ways to develop a reputation as an adaptation screenwriter for authors, publishers, and others
WHO SHOULD LISTEN
- Writers planning to use adaptation sources for their scripts
- Writers struggling with finding adaptation sources or wanting to find more of them
- Writers stumped on how to start and open their stories from scratch
- Writers who don’t want to start their scripts from scratch
- Writers who are curious about how to use adaptation materials
- Writers who are skeptical about if and why adaptations work well
- Writers who are unsure about whether they are using adaptations in the right way
- Writers stumped on appropriate titles for their adaptations
- Writers who want to extend their craft into using adaptations
- Writers wanting to know what executives are looking for in adaptations
- Writers who want to see examples of popular adaptations in Hollywood
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 05/03/2013
- Publication date: 05/03/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jennifer S. Wilkov
Jennifer S. Wilkov is a #1 international best-selling award-winning author, an award-winning freelance writer, the Literary Agent Matchmaker™ and a respected book and business consultant in her business called “Your Book Is Your Hook!” She is also a popular media personality as the host and executive producer of the #1 radio talk show “Your Book Is Your Hook!” on WomensRadio.
She supports first time writers and seasoned authors with the essentials to become a bestseller: a great project, a strong platform and a well-polished pitch, presentation, and hook for their book or project.
Jennifer educates and assists writers with the writing, m...