Truby's Blockbuster 6.0
At a Glance
"I'm not exaggerating: Truby's Blockbuster revolutionized how I work. It's the simplest way I've ever found to build structure, character and theme. If you use a computer to write screenplays, you'll want Blockbuster." - Laurence Dworet, screenwriter Outbreak
"Blockbuster is an ingenious and multilevel guide through the maze of story organization... way ahead of any other writing tool I know of." - Jeff Arch, screenwriter Sleepless in Seattle
Truby’s Blockbuster puts hundreds of professional techniques at your fingertips to help you create a great story, in a fraction of the usual time and effort. Based on an interface that teaches as you write, Blockbuster shows you the deep structural weaknesses that are likely to be in your script and takes you through the ideal order for fixing them.
By no means a "paint by number" approach to storytelling, Blockbuster demonstrates how to turn original ideas into completely developed storylines fit for the big screen through its many intuitive features, including:
- Premise and Genre tools find the 'gold' in your idea and which genre forms work best for expressing it
- Character Web and List screens help you create complex characters that grow over the course of the story and move the reader
- The 7 Keys give you the nucleus on which your ideal story will be based
- The 22 Building Blocks™ of every great story, which gives you a surprising plot that builds steadily from beginning to end
- A Rewrite function exposes problem areas in your script and how to fix them
- The Story Coach™ keeps you on track with structure, character and plot
- Drag and Drop Scene List lets you figure out the ideal sequence of your scenes
- Truby’s complete Story Structure Course, the 103 Greatest Characters in fiction, 23 most valuable Story Techniques, and much more
New Features in Blockbuster 6.0:
- New look
- New redesigned Draft page with details from up to 3 genre structure steps attached
- The ability to work in 3 genres simultaneously
- Redesigned Navigation tree for easier navigation
- Updated Character List page
- Reorganized Help system that gives you exactly the information you need to write your best story, while you're writing
- More powerful Scene Weave screen
OSX 10.5.7 and above, Java SE6 version 3 (Minimum screen resolution: 1280 x 800)
XP, Vista or Windows 7 (Minimum screen resolution: 1280 x 800)
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: John Truby
John Truby is Hollywood’s premiere story consultant and founder of Truby’s Writers Studio. He has worked as a story consultant and script doctor for Disney Studios, Sony Pictures, FOX, and HBO, among others, and has taught his 22-Step Great Screenwriting and Genre classes to over 40,000 students worldwide.