Transmedia – Producing a Web TV Series
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Shooting and distributing a micro-budget web TV series is one of the best ways to introduce your story to the market for the first time, build an audience, generate buzz, and ultimately attract the attention of Hollywood producers. Whether you are looking to make a splash in TV or film, this is a way to make a name for yourself and prove your writing abilities to an unlimited audience.
In this exploration of low-budget video production, you’ll see how digital pioneers are changing the way we tell stories and reshaping the film and television industry. The focus is on developing an episodic story with transmedia elements.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
In this comprehensive seminar, you will learn how to:
- Rewrite your script to fit the requirements of a low budget production
- Get corporate sponsors to pay for your web series
- Raise money from Internet crowd funding sites
- Put together a budget for your production
- Select and inspire actors and key production crew even if you have little or no money to pay people up front
- Buy or rent the right video, audio, lighting, and grip equipment
- Avoid the most common problems that sabotage first-time producers and filmmakers
- Maximize production value on a tight budget
- Stage the scene properly and get sufficient shot coverage to make editing easier
- Create immersive, interactive entertainment experiences for target audiences
Using real world case studies and proven strategies you can implement right away with your own projects, the instructor will show you everything you need to know to get started on your web series.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers looking to make a name for themselves
- Writers who are more established looking to explore the next big thing in movies
- Writers looking for tips on financing their projects
- Writers who want to understand how the internet can be used to promote one’s creative work.
- Writers who need help understanding how to gather a cast and crew.
- Date available: 10/18/2013
- Publication date: 10/18/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Martin Shapiro
Martin Shapiro created the horror comic book series Chopper, and sold the movie rights to it. As part of an ambitious transmedia launch, the prequel to Chopper was produced as a web TV series starring Tyler Mane (Halloween, X-Men) and Andrew Bryniarski (Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Batman Returns). Mr. Shapiro’s action-thriller screenplay Lair of the Fox was optioned by Ilya Salkind (Producer of Superman). Mr. Shapiro has written and developed projects for MGM, HBO and numerous production companies including an adaptation of Dragonlance, the New York Times bestselling series of fantasy novels ...