The Real World of Reality Television Writing and Show Creation
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Sitting on a great idea for a reality series? Curious about how a reality show’s story department turns weeks or months of source material into a tight, engaging story? Already achieved success in traditionally scripted television and wondering how your credits will translate?
In this webinar, you’ll learn just what it takes to break into one of television’s most popular genres as a working member of the story team or as a show creator.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How the story process works from pre- to post-production
- Why conflict is critical to the success of a show (and why “conflict” entails more than just cast members getting into blowout fights)
- How to pitch your show, and who to pitch your show to
- Why some brilliant show concepts don’t sell, but yet some real “head-scratchers” do
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers interesting in the world of reality television
- Writers wanting to fine tune their reality / show project
- Anyone who would like to know more about the story process
- Writers that would like tips on how to pitch
- Anyone wanting an inside glimpse into reality television
- Professionals in other disciplines curious about reality production
- New Execs or Assistants who want to know more about the show and story process
If you have questions about the webinar, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us prior to the start time at 800.272.8927.
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 05/11/2012
- Publication date: 05/11/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Troy DeVolld
Troy DeVolld survived careers as an executive assistant and comic book artist before finding his way into Reality Television, where he currently works as a Supervising Producer. Since relocating to Los Angeles from Tampa, Florida, in late 2000, Troy has worked on many top Reality shows including The Osbournes, The Surreal Life, Dancing with the Stars, Flipping Out, and Basketball Wives. He shared a Daytime Emmy® nomination in 2009 as a Producer on Style Network’s Split Ends.
Troy has had the pleasure of lecturing on the topic of Reality Television production...