The Plot Thickens: An Agent's Tips on Story Structures That Sell Webinar
If you're serious about getting your novel or memoir published, or wondering why your manuscript is not getting the attention you desire, let literary agent and writing instructor Andrea Hurst show you how to structure a plot that will keep an agent turning the page.
In this 90-minute webinar, writers will have the opportunity to learn what agents and editors look for in a marketable novel or memoir - from an exciting beginning to a story's three acts. Once an agent determines an author has mastered the craft of writing, the next thing she looks for is an intriguing plot. Ms. Hurst presents techniques that will help build your story, solve plot issues, and create a strong beginning, middle, and end that will help you get noticed, get read, and up your chances of getting sold.
What You Will Learn:
- The essential elements of story building, including common problems in a story's three acts
- Structuring beginnings that hook the reader. Also: What beginnings are cliché or overdone?
- Common reasons manuscripts are rejected
- Insight into the three-act method of plotting, such as establishing the stakes and a satisfying conclusion (a climatic ending)
Who Should Attend:
- Writers who are in the process of crafting a novel or memoir
- Writers who are ready for an agent to see their work.
- Writers who are interested in learning more about how an agent reviews submissions.
- Writers who are actively submitting their novel or memoir and want some tips to strengthen their plot.
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Andrea Hurst
Andrea Hurst has more than 25 years of experience as a published author, developmental editor, and skilled literary agent. Her client list includes emerging new voices and New York Times best-selling authors such as Dr. Bernie Siegel, Penny Warner and Jean Michel Cousteau.
She is the founder of Andrea Hurst Literary Management, and an associate faculty member for the MFA program in Creative Writing through the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts. Her passion for books drives her quest to find stories that have the power to change; stories that will take her on a journey to another place, and leave her with an unforgettable impression.