The Perfect Elevator Pitch: How to Best Position Your Book for Editors, Agents, Reviewers and Readers Webinar
At a Glance
Every author – or aspiring author – gets asked "tell me about your book." And that's before it's even published! A lot is at stake when someone asks that question. The person asking may be in a position to represent your book, publish your book, stock it in their bookstore, write a review about it, or tell a friend to read it. A good answer to "tell me about your book" is easy to remember afterward but difficult when put on the spot.
In this seminar, Kevin Smokler, author and CEO of BookTour.com, will help you sound as smooth as an author on NPR when someone asks you that question. He'll provide invaluable information on the three must-have parts of a great book summary, tips for immediately remembering them when asked and the reasons why, when "telling someone about your book," less is often better than more.
What you'll learn:
- The three essential pieces to a great book summary
- How to develop a great book summary without short changing your book or its story
- Why a great book summary is essential to getting your book recognized and talked about
- How all great books actually begin with a great summary
- What the person asking "tell me about your book" is actually saying
- How a great book summary is the first step in developing a plan to market your book
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Kevin Smokler
Kevin Smokler is the co-founder and CEO of BookTour.com, an Amazon-funded company that provides affordable tools for authors to promote their books.