The Legal 411: The Legal Info Producers Need from Script to Screen
At a Glance
Are you producer, writer, director wanting to learn how to legally protect yourself and how to become business savvy before embarking on your Feature, Short, or New Media Project?
This 2 1/2 hr Legal 411 seminar with Dinah Perez, will provide you with the legal and business information you need to get your Film or New Media Project from script to screen. You will learn about the deals, industry standards, and how to avoid the legal pitfalls.
The seminar will cover the below topics followed by a Q&A:
- Financing (private equity, crowdsourcing, finders, private placement memorandums, etc.)
- Entity Formation (corporation versus an LLC)
- Screenplay Acquisition (Options, Work-for-Hire Agreements, and chain-of-title)
- Production Legal (negotiations and contracts from pre-production through post-production, e.g., Producer, Director, Talent, and Composer Agreements, Below-the-Line Crew Agreements, Music Licensing, E&O Insurance, Completion Bonds, etc.)
- Unions (the Pros and Cons of becoming a union signatory and various Low Budget and New Media Agreements)
- Avoiding Copyright and Trademark Infringement Issues
- Producer's Reps
- Distribution (getting it, negotiating it, and getting your money)
Attendees will be offered a free 20 minute phone consultation with Dinah Perez.
The Writers Store
3510 W. Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
- Date available: 05/04/2016
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Dinah Perez
DINAH PEREZ graduated Loyola Law School and has been in the practice of entertainment law since 1996. She practices film, television, theater, music, new media, copyright, and trademark law. She enjoys practicing entertainment law because she has great respect for the arts and those who create, and relishes helping her clients attain their professional goals.
Ms. Perez has been published in Story Board Magazine, Release Print, Script Magazine, AThe Screenwriters Guide to Agents and Managers,