The Five Keys to Selling Your Nonfiction Book or Memoir Webinar
Each month, hundreds of nonfiction and memoir submissions come to publishers. Submissions that do not come from agents are consolidated into a slush pile. Editors will spend no more than several minutes in an initial glance through each submission. Therefore, if your submission is going to get any consideration, you have to know what to emphasize and how to prioritize your points to make your book attractive.
Your nonfiction book can quickly stand out and get attention if it presents the 5 key aspects of a book project.
What you will learn to present:
- The unique sales proposition: This addresses why your book is different from other books on the market that cover the same subject. We will talk about various ways to differentiate your project, while also boil your book down to one compelling sentence.
- Good comparative titles: These titles give the publisher an idea of what other books exist on the topic and how they're selling. We will talk about Amazon and other channels to create your list.
- Powerful marketing platform: Publishers like authors who have strong credentials as well as an ability to sell the book themselves. We will talk about the building blocks of a platform and what catches a publisher's attention.
- Compelling Table of Contents: The TOC is the skeleton of your book. We will talk about making sure chapters flow in a logical order, and how much you have to flesh out your work before submitting.
- Strong writing: You will need to include sample chapters to give a good indication of your writing skills. We will talk about what chapters to include with your submission, and the value of having a ghostwriter onboard if you need one.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.