The First 15 Pages: Tarantino Style
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
The first 15 pages of a script are crucial. You want them to keep reading. You want to send your readers into a garden of delights -- not a mine field. There are triggers to keep them reading: hooks into story, a fresh point of view, the promise of engaging characters and plot. Tarantino is not just an amazing filmmaker; he is an artful and dedicated screenwriter. His scripts have even won him two Oscars for Best Original Screenplay.
By looking closely at how and why readers keep turning the pages of Tarantino’s scripts, you can learn to keep readers engaged in your own scripts. Raw creativity is not enough. Tarantino has plenty of that, but he is also a craftsman. He is a student of film, story, and script. In this webinar, screenwriter and instructor Tom Benedek will celebrate Tarantino’s wonderful writing while using it to teach you how to write a better script.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to write more powerful and engaging character descriptions
- How to open your story dynamically with the most effective angle of entry
- How to use your own voice - fourth wall - to pull the reader in
- How to create story rhythm that can resonate throughout your script
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who respect/appreciate/love the work of Quentin Tarantino and want insight into his screenwriting technique
- Screenwriters who want to enhance their storytelling skills
- Writers seeking new ways to add dynamic openings to their material and hook the reader from the very first page
- Writers who have had their script rejected
- Writers who want their script to feel professional
- Writers who would like to learn more about capturing the attention of agents, producers, and managers
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 06/21/2013
- Publication date: 06/21/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Tom Benedek
Tom Benedek wrote the screenplay for Cocoon, The Adventures of Pinocchio, and other films. In addition to teaching the craft of screenwriting, Tom has interviewed dozens of agents, managers, production execs, working screenwriters for his Network Hollywood class at ScreenWritingMasterClass.com. He has written screenplays for Robert Zemeckis, Lawerence Kasdan, Lili Fini Zanuck and Richard Zanuck, David Brown, Ron Howard, Martin Scorsese, Sydney Pollack, Richard Rush, Harold Ramis, Lauren Schuler Donner and Richard Donner, Ray Stark, and many more.
He is a member of the Writers’ Guild of America, West and the Writers’ Branch of the Academy of Moti...