The First 10 Pages: Learning About The Works Of Master Storyteller Tony Gilroy
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
During this presentation we will deconstruct the first 10 pages of “The Bourne Identity” and “Michael Clayton” to provide specific examples of how you describe and set up your characters, grab your audience, construct action sequences and create memorable and complex protagonists.
These first 10 pages are critical for hooking your reader and showing off your writing skills. We will provide specific tricks of the trade that make it irresistible to turn the pages of a Tony Gilroy screenplay.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to write powerful narrative
- How to describe a scene so it’s visual and surprising
- How to describe action set pieces
- Specific techniques that make your dialogue snappy and lyrical
- How to write provocative character descriptions
- How to make your screenplay impossible to put down
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Screenwriters who love the “Bourne movies” and the work of Tony Gilroy
- Writers who want to grab the reader on page 1
- Writers who have trouble writing action
- Screenwriters who want guidance to make their screenplays as professional as possible
- Writers who want to learn more about capturing the attention of producers, agents and buyers
- Writers who want to learn from a master storyteller
Tony Gilroy is not involved with and has not endorsed the webinar.
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.