The Art of the Pitch: How to Sell Your Ideas to Hollywood
At a Glance
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Having the best script in the world is meaningless if you can’t pitch it. But where is an aspiring writer going to get the experience she (or he) so desperately needs to make that all-important sale? This webinar is one of the few places where this can happen. Learn the secrets of getting your ideas across to Hollywood executives, producers and directors.
After the instructional portion, Jimmy selects members of the class to perform a practice pitch with myself in the role of Executive Producer or Development Executive. Afterwards, he will evaluate the pitch for its strengths and weaknesses.
I’ve sold more episodes of “Star Trek” than any other freelance writer in the history of the franchise (1 episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and 8 episodes of Star Trek: Voyager). All of my episodes aired during “sweeps,” I’m the ONLY writer to have two episodes premier air in the same week (an event that was referred to as “Jimmy Diggs Week” on the Paramount Lot), and “TV Guide” called three of my episodes the best ever written for their characters. I have also optioned my first feature film script.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to get a Hollywood executive’s attention.
• How to set up a meeting.
• What do say in the meeting.
• How to come up with a brilliant log line.
• Discover the best way to express your ideas.
• How to perfect the infamous “Elevator Pitch.”
• Lean the difference between Log Lines, Tag Lines and Likenings and how to use them effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Writers who want to be successful freelancers
• Writers who want to write for episodic dramas
• Writers who want to write feature films
• Writers who want to sell their ideas BEFORE they commit to the script
• Writers who need networking tips
• Writers looking to fully develop their ideas
• Writers who actually want to get PAID for their work
- Date available: 07/18/2014
- Publication date: 07/18/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jimmy Diggs
One night a security guard named Jimmy Diggs came to the aid of Nick Corea, the Executive Producer of a syndicated television series titled “Renegade.” That chance meeting and the brief conversation that followed would change Jimmy’s life forever and lead him to a career as a screenwriter.