Ten Steps to Break Into the Entertainment Industry
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Have you ever watched a television series or sat through two hours of a movie and said to yourself: my scripts are better? While that may be true, the writer of the series or film has something you don’t – access.
So what’s more important, talent or access? Talent without access leads to frustration. Access without talent spawns uninspired television shows and feature films. You already have the talent. Now all you need is the access. Even though you may be doing all the right things – social media, building a brand, etc. – you need to set yourself apart from the crowd in cyberspace. This webinar will show you how.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why it’s critical to focus on specific goals
- The importance of bringing something to the table
- How to map out a realistic path to Hollywood
- How friends and family can be an untapped resource
- The art of creating proximity to high level contacts
- How to set off a person-to-person chain reaction and keep it going
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Writers who have a stack of spec scripts waiting to be read
- New writers wondering how to connect with buyers and employers
- Veteran writers who have hit an impasse
- Writers who are disillusioned with traditional networking
- Writers with no contacts within the industry
- Writers who have contacts but don’t know how to parlay these relationships into a writing career
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 01/07/2013
- Publication date: 01/07/2013
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Charles Kipps
Writer/producer Charles Kipps has written for Law & Order and Columbo, two of the longest running cop franchises ever. In addition to his work on television he is the author of the Conor Bard Mystery Series. The first two installments are Hell’s Kitchen Homicide and Crystal Death, which was chosen by publishing trade magazine Kirkus as one of the best mysteries of the year.
Kipps is the recipient of an Emmy, a Peabody, and a Mystery Writers of America Edgar Award.
Buy Together and Save
Total List Price:
Package Price: $79.99
Details: Not quite sure where to start? This collection pulls together all the key resources you need to break into the film industry. From updated lists of contacts to step-by-step instruction on how to sell a screenplay through new and traditional media channels, you’ll find everything you need to survive in today’s competitive marketplace. Learn the best ways to build a strong network, how to build your marketing plan, how to write a movie script that meets the standards of the industry, and more. By the time you finish exploring this must-have collection for screenwriters, you’ll have agents and producers begging to work with you.