Telling and Selling the TV Pilot Script
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Understanding what producers and executives are looking for in a TV pilot script will help participants to be ten steps ahead. In this live webinar, Jen Grisanti will go over all the story components for telling and selling the one-hour drama and half hour sitcom stories. Using her experience in staffing over 15 primetime shows, Jen Grisanti will reveal secrets from the executive side and guide you to use your voice in your story as a way to help your TV spec/pilot scripts rise to the top of the stack. You will learn the tools needed both on the page and in the room to get your script sold. This class will give you the story and career tips that will guide you to your success. It all comes down to how you tell and sell your story!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to create empathy for your central character
• How to create contrasting worlds
• How to create a powerful dilemma and a strong goal stemming from the dilemma
• About building obstacles
• How to write a memorable mid-point and all is lost moment that connect back to the goal
• Theme, symbolism, and message and how to make your audience FEEL your story
• How to use your voice in your story as a way to get your spec/pilot to the top of the stack
• How to set the foundation of a TV pilot using a pilot worksheet
• The elements of the pitch document and how to tell and sell your story
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
• Seasoned writers, as well as new TV writers, in drama and comedy
• Writers who want to learn the story components of the one-hour drama and the half hour sitcom
• Writers who want to learn how to create empathy for the central character
• Writers who want to create a powerful dilemma and a strong goal stemming from the dilemma
• Writers who want to make their audience feel their story
• Writers who want to use a pilot worksheet to set the foundation of their pilot
• Writers who want to learn the elements of a pitch document
• Writers who want to learn how to tell and sell their story
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Date available: 09/06/2012
- Publication date: 09/06/2012
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jen Grisanti
International speaker Jen Grisanti is an acclaimed Story/Career Consultant at Jen Grisanti Consultancy Inc., Writing Instructor for Writers on the Verge at NBC, a former 12-year studio executive, including VP of Current Programming at CBS/Paramount, blogger for The Huffington Post and author of the books, Story Line: Finding Gold In Your Life Story and TV Writing Tool Kit: How To Write a Script That Sells and her new book, Change Your Story, Change Your Life: A Path To Your Success.
Grisanti started her career in 1992 as an assistant to Aaron Spelling, who served as her mentor for 12 years, and she quickly climbed the ranks and eventually ra...