Strategies for a Successful TV Writing Career
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
There has never been more opportunity for aspiring writers in the world of television. It is truly a second Golden Age. Channels like History, FX, Amazon and many others are all looking for original programming. This is an opportunity clever new writers should take advantage of at all costs.
The webinar will be taught by Glenn M. Benest, award-winning screenwriter and one of Los Angeles’ most popular instructors of screenwriting workshops.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Time-tested strategies for breaking into TV
- Unconventional new approaches (like creating short web-based shows) to provide content and exposure to launch your career
- How to pick one show over another when writing a TV spec
- An insight into the world of reality TV and guidance into tapping into this market
- Finding opportunity in the world of the “limited series” and what projects work best in this format
- Working smart and taking advantage of subjects and genres that are most successful in this new world of exploding TV programming
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Beginning writers who want to break into this lucrative market
- More experienced screenwriters who want to take advantage of these markets and find new possibilities for work
- Feature writers who see the great opportunity in TV and want to try their hand on the small screen
- Those who have ideas for current shows and want to write a spec
- Any writer who loves the more intimate nature of television and wants guidance on how to break into this market
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Glenn M. Benest
Glenn M. Benest is an award-winning writing producer with seven produced screenplays, including two that were directed by Wes Craven. His independent film, HUNGRY HEARTS, was nominated for numerous awards at film festivals throughout the country and is being distributed internationally by Shoreline Entertainment. Mr. Benest is a celebrated lecturer and instructor and his professional screenwriting workshops have launched six feature films, including SCREAM and EVENT HORIZON.