At a Glance
StoryO 2 takes story organization to a whole other level! With StoryO, writers can enter ideas onto electronic index cards, rearrange and attach them to multiple sequences and timelines, then develop plot points, multiple story lines and characters along the way.
Designed for writers by writers, StoryO gives the writer a way to outline their story in broad strokes first, then flesh out details later. StoryO does not force specific writing methods, but instead allows each writer to design their own paradigms and environments that support how they prefer to organize ideas and approach each story.
StoryO boasts powerful import & export ability with Final Draft screenplays, export of pre-production information to Gorilla and Chimpanzee film production software™, and can export screenplays to Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word and other word processors.
Use StoryO for screenplays, stage plays, novels, webisodes, short stories and more!
- Story Outline – Outline your story with a built-in standardized set of topics and questions.
- Customizable Story Paradigms – Create custom sets of topics and questions to use as you experiment with different types of projects.
- Timeline – Create story timelines with color-coded segments and break them down to corresponding sequences of events. Drag and drop sequences to re-order the timeline, then save each sort separately, creating multiple versions of a timeline.
- Index Cards – Use index cards to record a story’s events, plot points and other details, arrange and save them in various orders within a sequence, attach pictures and characters for more detail.
- Characters – Create a library of characters, include profile and background information, artistic renditions and more.
- Character Packs – Comes with over 138 built-in character images – from hero to villain and everything in between. StoryO 2 has added new character packs categories including Professionals, Military, Heroes & Villains and Fantasy, Aliens & Monsters.
- Character Relationships – Create relationships between characters and note how they are related and how they affect one another throughout the story.
- Screenplay Import – Import your screenplay from Final Draft® using the .FDX format. Brings in all the necessary screenplay elements and allows you to view and re-organize your screenplay in the Timeline module in Index Card format. From there you can re-order or edit scenes with ease and then export back to Final Draft® when ready.
- Screenplay Editing – Add slug line, action, characters, dialogue and transitions to your scene index cards using industry standard methods, notations and formatting for screenplays. You can also modify dialog and other elements right within the Index Card.
- Screenplay/Index Card Export – Export your index cards in screenplay format to Final Draft®, Movie Magic Screenwriter®, Microsoft Word® or other word processor. Export pre-production story elements to Gorilla™ or Chimpanzee™ film production software and export standard-formatted story information to Microsoft Word® or other word processor.
- Story Pitch – Present your story using pre-formatted slides – display elements from index cards, include captions, characters and images.
- Reports – Print over a dozen reports to help you visualize your story from various angles
CPU: Intel-based Mac
RAM: 4 GBBrowser Requirements: Safari version 7 or above must be installed on machine
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or newerRAM: 2 GBBrowser Requirements: Internet Explorer 11 or higher must be installed on machine
Windows 8.1 and 8.1 Pro, Windows 8 and 8 Pro, Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate, Pro, Home Premium
Mac OSX 10.7 or higher
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.