At a Glance
Produce submission-ready manuscripts and screenplays
Storyist provides the word processing tools you expect from a top-notch creative writing application, including spell checking; smart quotes processing; annotations; and support for headers, footers, and style sheets. And Storyist comes with manuscript and screenplay templates so you can focus on the writing, not the formatting.
Storyist 3 includes over 50 new features and sports a new, modern UI that looks great on Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite.
New in Version 3.0!
- New Look - Storyist 3 comes with new icons and a streamlined layout that takes advantage of new Yosemite features.
- Welcome Window - a new Welcome window shoes your recently edited files.
- Expanded Inspector Functionality - The Inspector now includes additional formatting options and provides
- Redesigned Toolbar - A redesigned toolbar takes up less space (great for laptops) and features a customizable context-sensitive status view.
- Notification Center Integration - Word count and progress notifications now appear in the system-wide notification center.
- Track Pad Support - Storyist 3 supports gestures like swiping and pinch-to-zoom.
The Word Processor
- Snippets - A new text shortcut facility lets you define multi-part text snippets (bits of text) to be inserted with just a few keystrokes. And Storyist 3 comes with default snippets that make it a snap to write dialog without having to type the punctuation characters.
- Incremental Find Bar - Shows all search "hits" on a page and includes support for wildcard search terms
- Import Style Sheets - Ability to reformat a text file with the stylesheet of any template or file in the project.
- Show Invisible Characters - Easily find stray characters
- Typewriter Scrolling - Option to have the selected text remain centered on the screen as you type.
The Project Manager
- Versions Support - Storyist 3 automatically saves versions of your projects using Apples Autosave and Version technology, so you can use the built-in Versions browser to explore previous versions of your projects, copy and paste sections of text to your current project, or restore entire projects.
- iCloud Drive Support - On Yosemite, Storyist 3 supports iCloud Drive, so your Storyist files are always available on any of your Macs. And Storyist takes care of the synchronization, even if your project is open on multiple computers.
- Custom File Templates - Storyist 3 lets you create and save file templates in addition to project templates.
- Daily Writing Calendar - Storyist 3 keeps track of your daily progress and presents it to you in calendar form, so you can see your progress at a glance.
- Project Word Count Tools - Tell Storyist 3 which files to count, and it will keep track of your word count for you over the course of your project.
- Word Count Rollups - Heading level outline items now show the cumulative word counts for their contents so you can see the word counts for both sections and chapters at-a-glance.
- Show/Hide Body Text - Ability to hide body text sections in the project and outline views. Great if you write in chapters, not sections.
System RequirementsRequires Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or 10.10 Yosemite.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.