Simple Strategies for Building a Successful Screenwriting Career
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
You’ve toiled over your screenplay and made it as good as it can be. But once the writing is done, what do you do next? In today’s competitive market, business savvy is a necessary compliment to any strong screenplay.
Join us for this insightful live webinar as we explore setting effective short-term goals that will help you build a cohesive and compelling brand. You’ll also learn how to create comprehensive networks and ongoing marketing efforts—helping you to get noticed and your script read! Ultimately, you want to get your work and brand in front of the right people and in the right hands, and this webinar will teach you how to do exactly that!
This class will steer clear of broad business concepts; instead, we will focus on simple, ongoing efforts you can use to get noticed and build momentum in your screenwriting career.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The difference between short term goals and long term aspirations
- How to identify your winning brand
- How to determine your brand’s value proposition
- Five screenwriting mistakes every executive wants you to avoid
- What every writer should have under their belt before they begin making inroads within the industry
- How to build the better part of your screenwriting career remotely
- How writers really break into TV
- When to send your script out: the industry’s seasonality
- Why cold queries no longer work
- There good reasons you should attend pitch fests (even though no one sells a pitch at one)
- How the right contests really can help
- How to build your network from scratch
- If you really need representation
- Three reasons to avoid being represented by a big agency
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
- Screenwriters with their aim set squarely on building a brand and a screenwriting career
- Screenwriters unsure of their next steps
- Screenwriters with strong screenplays who can’t seem to get their work read
- Screenwriters who won or placed in contest and want to capitalize on that momentum
- Screenwriters who aren’t sure what their brand is
- Screenwriters who live outside of Los Angeles and want to build momentum for their career
- Screenwriters who need help building their screenwriting career
The Writers Store does not offer any refunds for the webinar. All sales are final.
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Lee Jessup
Lee Jessup is a seasoned career coach for screenwriters, with an exclusive focus on guiding and supporting screenwriters as they parlay their screenwriting prowess into a focused and dynamic screenwriting career. Lee's experience spans years in physical production and film development, followed by 6+ years as director of ScriptShark.com, the industry’s leading coverage service. During her time with ScriptShark, Lee introduced hundreds of screenplays to entertainment industry professionals, helped writers secure representation and garner attention for their material, and spearheaded a national Business of Screenwriting seminar series launched in partne...