Sell Your Stuff: How To Get Your Novel or Memoir Published Webinar
At a Glance
Learn the secrets to selling fiction and memoir, from crafting a first chapter that hooks readers to composing a killer query—and everything in between.
This is an intensive webinar for writers of fiction and memoir. If you're writing a novel or life story, it takes a stunning package to see a book all the way to publication. You have to become more than just a writer—you have to sell your stuff to agents and editors. That's the part most writers have trouble understanding, and that's what this webinar is all about.
In this webinar, we'll discuss, in detail, the tools that a writer uses to sell a novel or memoir—such as voice, a good first page, the query, the elevator pitch, the tagline and more. This webinar will also discuss how to approach agents and editors in person at writing events.
What you'll learn:
- How to draw an agent into your story in just a few words—whether it's your query, verbal pitch or the first page of your manuscript
- What goes into a killer query—from making a connection to an agent, to drafting an exciting pitch that will leave agents wanting more
- The importance of a one-sentence tagline that gets a reader excited about your book
- What agents look for on that all-important Page 1
- How to plan and prepare a verbal pitch of your book so you can meet with agents at writers conferences
- What goes into a complete proposal for fiction—and how to know all the tools at your disposal
- How agents and editors quickly look over a project and decide if it has the necessary elements to make them request more
- How to get your book published
- Publisher Writer's Digest Books
- Publication date: 01/01/2011
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Rachelle Gardner
Rachelle Gardner is an agent with WordServe Literary Group. She's looking at all genres of adult fiction except fantasy, sci-fi, and erotica. Currently her favorite genres are contemporary women's fiction, historical romance, and romantic suspense. In nonfiction, she's looking for authors with strong messages and significant platforms.