ScriptXpert Screenplay One-Sheet Critique
At a Glance
You’ve made the pitch. A buyer’s shown interest. You give her your One-Sheet. And then….nothing.
Wondering why your Screenplay One-Sheet isn’t wowing execs enough to contact you for a full script read? This vital “leave behind” has to be polished and professional, and excite buyers to the point that they MUST see more from you.
Find out what works in your Screenplay One-Sheet, what doesn't and how to fix it through an evaluation from the Industry experts at The Writers Store.
What You Can Expect with a Screenplay One-Sheet Critique
When you use our Screenplay One-Sheet Critique service, we provide you with a high-level review of your work, offering up helpful advice and pointing out reasons that an agent or buyer may stop reading your One-Sheet. We also offer:
- An evaluation of your One-Sheet’s overall strengths and weaknesses
- Specific comments on your opening, bio, referral information, and closing
- An unbiased assessment on the effectiveness of your logline
- A red flag on consistent issues with grammar, mechanics, spelling or style
- A clear idea of how to revise
What You Can NOT Expect with a Screenplay One-Sheet Critique
Our reviewers will not:
- Rewrite or revise for you, except in the case of providing an example of how to revise on your own
- Correct grammar, mechanics and spelling. This requires a professional copyeditor or proofreader. However, a reviewer will point out any patterns of surface-level error that may pose a significant problem for you.
- Check and correct for style (e.g. Chicago Manual of Style or AP style). This requires a professional copyeditor or proofreader.
- Provide any fact-checking
- Provide answers or advice on legal issues
The Screenplay One-Sheet Critique is designed to review a Screenplay One-Sheet formatted to the specifications below.
All documents must be submitted electronically in ONE of the following formats:
- Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Rich Text File (.rtf)
All documents MUST adhere to professional formatting standards, which are:
- 8.5 x 11 page size
- 1-inch margins on top and bottom
- 1.25-inch margins on left and right sides
- Arial, Courier, or Times font
- 12-point font size
*If your submission does not meet these formatting requirements, we will either return the document to you for correction, or we will apply these settings ourselves when possible, and only critique the first page of the One-Sheet.
Need help writing your first One-Sheet?
Download our FREE instructional video How to Write a Screenplay One-Sheet, complete with examples from The Hunger Games, Wreck-It Ralph and King's Speech.
- Date available: 11/19/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.