Script Magazine Essential Tips for Screenwriting Conferences
At a Glance
This webinar is sponsored by Write Brothers, the creators of the popular software titles: Movie Magic Screenwriter, Dramatica and Outline 4D. You can learn more about these essential writing tools at WritersStore.com
Many writers are leery of pitching events, worried they are merely a way for companies to take advantage of vulnerable writers. Pitchfests have an outstanding value for writers. But being prepared before you go is the key to your success.
Script Magazine Editor Jeanne Veillette Bowerman has been attending pitching events for years. She’ll share with you the process of preparing for a pitchfest as well as give you invaluable tips to help increase your odds of getting an executive to request your script for a read.
Screenwriting conferences are about more than just pitching. There are classes and endless networking opportunities. Don’t just sit in your seat. Learn how to maximize the event to give you benefits long after you’ve left the event.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to prepare for a pitching event
- The value of going to screenwriting conferences
- How to maximize the opportunity to learn
- How to impress an executive
- The importance of making a first impression
- Tricks to survive hours of non-stop pitching
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who would like to learn more about finding ins with agents, producers, managers, and more
- Writers who want to learn how to pitch
- Writers who are looking to connect with executives in Los Angeles
- Writers who have a polished script to pitch
- Writers who want to set the goal of attending a future pitching event
- Writers who are nervous about pitching
- Writers who need to better organize their efforts at selling their screenplays
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for one year. You do not have to attend the live event to get a recording of the presentation. In all webinars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the webinar presentation in an e-mail that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this e-mail as well.
- Date available: 06/16/2014
- Publication date: 06/16/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Jeanne Veillette Bowerman
Jeanne Villette Bowman is the Editor of Script magazine and a screenwriter, having written the narrative feature adaptation as well as the 10-hr limited series of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book, Slavery by Another Name, which were honored in the Top 25 Tracking Board Launch Pad Features Competition, CS Expo Finalist, the Second Round of Sundance Episodic Lab, and a PAGE Awards TV Drama Finalist.