Screenwriting 101: Writing for Film & Television
At a Glance
My name is David Titcher. After attending UCLA Film School, where I was part of the most successful screenwriting class in the history of the film business, I've been a professional screenwriter for thirty years.
I've written film screenplays for “Around the World in 80 Days,” with Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger, and for “Morgan Stewart's Coming Home,” with Jon Cryer and Lynn Redgrave. I created the Librarian franchise with Noah Wyle and Bob Newhart that's led to three TV movies and which got me nominated for a Writers Guild of America Award and a Saturn Award and has since been turned into a TV Series, "The Librarians,” which was the highest rated TV Series premiere for all cable in 2014. I am a Writer, Executive Producer, and Co-Creator of FOX's new TV Series, "Houdini & Doyle." I wrote the miniseries “The Curse of King Tut's Tomb” featuring Malcolm McDowell and Hallmark's last Valentine Day's movie, “Be My Valentine” which starred Billy Baldwin. I wrote for sitcoms like “Who’s The Boss,” “Punky Brewster,” and “The Love Boat,” as well as for various Disney animated series. I’ve sold scripts and pitches in every possible genre and medium, including high-budget feature films, low budget films, TV sitcoms, TV dramas, TV movies, TV miniseries, and animation. I’ve worked for practically every studio and network.
I'm going to take you on a journey in writing to hopefully expand your process and your career. This course will take you through screenwriting from premise to outline to script and finally to the business and selling that script. It is perfect for any screenwriter, from those trying to breakout to those with a career trying to improve their work.
The course is broken down into the sections above and is primarily video lectures and PDFs. You will take it at your own pace and should be able to complete the roughly 2 hours of material within a week or two. The best way to take this course would be to work on a screenplay during it and completing each section as you advance.
What are the requirements?
- Have an open and creative mind, be willing to try new things and explore the depths of your mind!
- You should already be familiar with a Word Processor of your choice (Microsoft Word, iWork/Pages, or Final Draft are all acceptable).
- Over 1 hour of video content. Be committed to learn best.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Write a Screenplay
- Get an Agent
- Sell that great Screenplay
- Become a Professional Screenwriter
What is the target audience?
- This Screenwriting course is meant for writers of all scopes and experience levels. This course gives a fundamental background on all aspects of the writing process, business of hollywood and filmmaking, and creative storytelling. No prior experience is required, not only for filmmakers, contains universal tips to improve your storytelling and persuasive ability. This course is probably not for you if you're looking to learn solely the visual aspect of storytelling or camera operations.
- Screenwriters - Particularly first time Screenwriters will receive the most benefit from this course.
- Filmmakers - A Screenplay is a prior question to making a movie or film, learn which ones will make the best films, and understand how elements of story influence the tale you tell.
- Storytellers - Enrich your storytelling ability by learning the 3 Act Structure, Tone, and other tricks to enhance your tales.
- Writers - Learn about time tested methods to enhance the reliability of your stories. Understand film adaptations and what books are best compatible for movies.
- Producers - Get inside the brain of a Screenwriter. Understand what makes them tick so that you can sell them better.
- Screenwriter David Titcher
- Date available: 08/18/2016
- Publication date: 08/18/2016
- Return policy: 30 days
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.