Screenplay Development from the Inside Out
At a Glance
What happens to a script after it leaves the writer's hands?
We work in Hollywood every day. And today’s world of feature films is more complex than ever. In this intense workshop, we’ll walk you through the development steps. We’ll share what really happens when you submit your screenplay or material. You’ll learn about the players at the studios, production companies and agencies. We’ll teach you the importance of loglines, coverage, development notes, and talent lists. At the end of the course you'll have the resources you’ll need to become a successful development executive, producer, writer or director.
- 5-week Online workshop on developing screenplays
- Each week a new lecture, handouts and assignments are revealed so you can work at your own pace 24/7
- Provides a real-world overview of feature film development in Hollywood
- Find out the steps a screenplay or novel goes through when it is submitted to a studio or production company
- Discover who the players are that sell, submit and greenlight material and what their job functions really are
- Describes how agents and managers work
- Understand how to write loglines and why they are so important in all facets of the development process
- Learn how to write Coverage and Development notes (the backbone of the development process)
- Perfect course for readers, story editors, development executives, producers, directors, writers and actors who want to understand the development process
NOTE: Monika Skerbelis and Rona Edwards will not develop your screenplay with you in this course. This is a course about the development process in Hollywood.
- Manufacturer Edwards Skerbelis Entertainment
- Date available: 06/02/2016
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Monika Skerbelis
Monika Skerbelis is a former studio executive and co-author of the critically acclaimed books, “I Liked It, Didn’t Love It: Screenplay Development from the Inside Out” and "The Complete Filmmaker's Guide to Film Festivals: Your All Access Pass to Launching Your Film on the Festival Circuit". She is the programming director for The American Pavilion's Emerging Filmmaker ...
Meet the Author: Rona Edwards
A graduate of California Institute of the Arts, RONA EDWARDS became Vice President of Creative Affairs for multiple Emmy-winner John Larroquette (Night Court), Academy-Award Winner Michael Phillips Productions (The Sting, Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, Taxi Driver) and Emmy-winning and Oscar-nominated Producer Fern Field (Monk, Heartsounds) before she was dragged kicking and screaming into the world of independent producing. As a Producer, she Co-Produced and/or Executive Produced One Special Victory (NBC) starring John Larroquette, The Companion (USA/SyFi CHANNEL) directed by Gary Fleder, I Know What You Did (ABC) starring Rosanna Arquette...