Romance and Chemistry Techniques: The Signature of a Great Writer
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Relationships are a key component of almost every script.
You may envision complex relationships between the friends, family members, and lovers in your script. But is that complexity really shining through? In this webinar by screenwriter and teacher David Freeman, you will learn:
- Techniques for making the audience believe that two people are destined to become lovers or friends. Simply having an “attraction” between two people is probably the weakest way to start a romance. There are MANY better techniques which you’ll learn in this webinar.
- Techniques for making the audience QUICKLY believe that two people are old friends or members of the same family. These techniques involve deftly creating credible, complex relationships.
Learn to write great romance scenes like this one from Goodwill Hunting.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn numerous specific techniques to make the relationships between your characters –– whether they involve romance or not –– be one of the most unforgettable aspects of your scripts.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tools to create compelling relationships while still retaining your voice as a writer.
- How to write layered, tangible characters.
- Ways to take your scripts compete at the highest level.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Writers who want compelling characters that catch an audience’s attention.
- Writers who want to create engrossing relationships between their characters.
- Writers who want to challenge their writing skills.
- Writers looking to learn from a top screenwriter and consultant.
- Date available: 05/16/2014
- Publication date: 05/16/2014
- Return policy: This item is not eligible for return.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: David Freeman
David Freeman is a screenwriter, and teaches screenwriting and script development internationally.
A long-standing member of the Writers Guild of America, he has sold and optioned scripts and ideas to Sony Pictures, Columbia Pictures, Paramount Pictures, MGM, and other major film and television companies. He works half time for News Corp (which owns 20th Century Fox and television networks around the world), developing television dramas.
He has taught screenwriting and script development not just to writers around the world, but at Pixar, Disney, to many executives of the BBC, at various film studios in China, and to many other film and...