Respecting the Antagonist
The Antagonist is arguably the most misunderstood and underdeveloped character in the screenwriting process. This how-to video presented by Bill Boyle will offer a deeper understanding of the aspects and purpose of the antagonist and what this character can accomplish for you.
With an in-depth understanding of the flaws, purpose and moral code of your antagonist, you can create a powerful and well-rounded character that the audience will understand. In doing so, your protagonist becomes even more imposing – a vital piece of good storytelling. This video walks you through the process of exploring your own beliefs and moral code so you’re able to better understand how the audience thinks and relates to your characters.
In this how-to video, you’ll learn:
- The Three Primary Addictions and how they shape the flaws found in both the antagonist and the protagonist.
- How to explore your own Shadow Side in order to gain a deeper understanding of your characters.
- Why it’s just as important to understand your antagonist as it is to understand your protagonist.
You’ll love this video if you want to:
- Learn how to apply theories of psychology to your writing to build characters the audience will understand.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the flaws and purpose of the main characters in your story.
- Explore the antagonist’s vital role in keeping our interest and building a story worth telling.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item(s) for an exchange or refund within 30 days from the purchase date, unless otherwise noted on the product page.
Ship the item(s) to The Writers Store via a traceable and insured method. You will be responsible for return shipping fees.
Please include a completed Return Form with your shipment. Refunds take up to one week to process once we have received the item(s).
Software returns must be deactivated and uninstalled from your computer before a refund may be issued. Please contact the software manufacturer if you need assistance uninstalling or deactivating your software.
The following items are not returnable: Hollywood Creative Directories, DVDs (opened), and Gift Certificates.
Meet the Author: Bill Boyle
Bill Boyle is an award winning screenwriter, a former UCLA Extensions Instructor and has been rated by Creative Screenwriting Magazine among the top 10% of script analysis and consultants. He has been involved in the film industry in both Canada and the U.S. for over 25 years as a writer, director, agent, producer, story editor, and mentor.